Where your money goes
The Men’s Cancer Alliance is fundraising specifically to create, maintain and support the following initiatives:
- To fund the work of the Testicular Cancer Outreach which operates in secondary schools in Munster, Leinster and Connaught, with trained speakers educating young men aged 15-18 about Testicular Cancer.
- To support the Rapid Access Prostate & Testicular Cancer Clinics which offer a fast and effective diagnostic and treatment facility for men with cancer.
- To continue to support current research at The Mercy University Hospital in Munster into the genetic predisposition to bowel cancer in families and to offer Tumour Genetic Testing to Bowel Cancer patients to improve their survival rates from this disease.
- To fund the design and distribution of Bowel Cancer Information Packs for anyone affected by a diagnosis of Bowel Cancer.
- To fund Peer Support Meetings for men affected by cancer including prostate, bowel and testicular cancers.
- To fund Counselling for men and their family members affected by a diagnosis of cancer.
- To fund a programme to provide a Psycho – oncology Outreach Service at various locations in the West of Ireland.